Chong Rae Park
Seoul National University
Control of Physical/ Chemical Characteristics of Graphene Oxide Fittable to Various Energy Storage Devices.
Chong Rae Park and Jisoo Park
1Carbon Nanomaterials Design Laboratory, Research Institute of Advanced Materials, and Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-744, Republic of Korea.
Graphene oxide (GO) has been prepared typically byHummers method,with various modifications by different research groups. But little attention has been paid to wide range of physical and chemical characteristics of GO resulted from different preparation conditions. We indeed found that there are two different oxidation steps are involved in Hummers method and also that there exists remarkable discrepancies in the characteristics of the prepared GO, such as kinds and amount of oxygen containing functional groups, yield of exfoliation, size distribution, interlayer spacing on restacking, thermal stability and so on. In this talk, I will address how such a wide spectrum of the physic-chemical characteristics of GO can influence the performance of a variety of energy storage devices, viz. as or for supercapacitor, hydrogen storage, and photovoltaic cells.We expect that this talk would givebright insights to the researchersonGO based energy storage.
Carbon Nanomaterials Design Laboratory, Research Institute of Advanced Materials, and Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul 08826, Republic of Korea.
Email: email@example.com Tel: +82-2-880-8030 Fax: +82-2-885-1748
# Editorial Duties
- Editorial Board, Energy Storage Materials (2015-present)
- Editorial Board, Composites Science and Technology (SCI, IF2013: 3.633) (2012-present)
- Editor, CARBON (SCI, IF2015: 6.198) (2003-present)
- Executive Editorial Board, Fibers and Polymers (SCIE) (2002-present)
- Editor-in-Chief, Carbon Science (Now Carbon Letter) (2000-2002)
- International Advisory Committee, International Conference on Carbon
- International Advisory Committee, Carbons for Energy Storage and Environmental Protection
# Membership of Professional Societies
- Chairman, Korean Carbon Society
- Chairman, Asian Association of Carbon Groups
- Co-chairman, World Carbon Council
- Council, Korean Fiber Society
- Council, Polymer Society of Korea
- Member, Korean Chemical Society
- Member, Carbon Society of Japan