Novel air-stableultrahigh-mobility 2Dsemiconductor:Design, synthesisand devices
Center for Nanochemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China.
The unique structure and properties of two-dimensional (2D) crystals have a large impact on fundamental research as well as applications in electronics, photonics, optoelectronics and energy sciences. Here our recent studies on the controlled synthesis of 2D crystals such as layered metal chalcogenides and oxychalcogenides, as well as their optoelectronic properties will be discussed. We demonstrate that CVD-grown metal oxychalcogenide layered material is a high-mobility ultrathin semiconductor with good air stability, which can be a brand new 2D material beyond graphene, MoS2 and black phosphorus.We synthesize high-mobility layered 2D crystals of metal oxychalcogenide semiconductors via chemical vapor deposition and fabricated into high-performance field-effect transistors and NIR photodetectors, in which pronounced quantum oscillations were also observed. Our studies suggest that 2D metal oxychalcogenide crystals hold great promise for future high-speed electronic and optoelectronic applications.
1. Wu, J.; Yuan, H.; Peng, H.; et al.,Nature Nanotech. 2017, in press.
2. Xu, X.; Feng, D.; Peng, H.; Liu, K.; et al.,Nature Nanotech. 2016, 11, 930.
3. Tan, Z. Peng, H., et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 16612.
4. Yin, J.; Wang, H.; Chen, Y.; Peng, H.; Liu, Z.; et al.,Nature Commun. 2016, 7, 10699.
5. Zheng, W.; Peng, H.; et al.,Nature Commun. 2015, 6, 6972.
6. Zhang, C.; Peng, H.; Liu, Z.; et al.,Nature Commun. 2015, 6, 6519.
7. Zhang L.; Peng, H.; Liu, Z.; et al.,Nature Commun. 2013, 4, 1443.
8. Peng, H.; et al.,Nature Chem. 2012, 4, 281.
9. Yan, K.; Peng, H.; Liu, Z.; et al., Nature Commun. 2012, 3, 1280.
10. Peng, H.; Lai, K.; Cui Y.; et al., Nature Mater. 2010, 9, 225.
College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering
202 Chengfu Road, RM A411, Haidian District
Beijing 100871, P. R. China
Phone: +86-10-6276-7984; Email: email@example.com
1996.9－2000.7 B. S. in Chemistry, Jilin University, China
2000.9－2005.7 Ph. D in Physical Chemistry, Peking University, China
2005.11－2009.6 Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford University, USA
2009.6－2014.7 Associate Professor, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
2014.8－present Professor, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
Awards and Recognition
2011 New Century Excellent Talents in University
2012 National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars of China
2012 National Program for Support of Top-Notch Young Professionals
2013 The Fok Ying-Tong Education Foundation, China
2015 National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China
1. Jinxiong Wu, Hongtao Yuan, Hailin Peng*, et al. Nature Nanotech. 2017, in press.
2. Xiaozhi Xu, Feng Ding*, Hailin Peng*, Kaihui Liu*, et al.,Ultrafast growth of large single-crystal graphene assisted by continuous oxygen supply. Nature Nanotech.2016, 11, 930.
3. Hailin Peng*, Wenhui Dang, et al., Topological insulator nanostructures for near-infrared transparent flexible electrodes. Nature Chem.2012, 4, 281.
4. Wenshan Zheng, Hailin Peng*, et al., Patterning two-dimensional chalcogenide crystals of Bi2Se3 and In2Se3 and efficient photodetectors. Nature Commun.2015, 6, 6972.
5. Hailin Peng, Keji Lai, Desheng Kong, Stefan Meister, Yulin Chen, Xiao-Liang Qi, Shou-Cheng Zhang, Zhi-Xun Shen, Yi Cui*. Aharonov-Bohm interference in topological insulator nanoribbons. Nature Mater.2010, 9, 225.
6. Jianbo Yin, Yulin Chen*, Hailin Peng*, Zhongfan Liu*, et al., Selectively enhanced photocurrent generation in twisted bilayer graphene with van Hove singularity. Nature Commun.2016, 7, 10699.
7. Chaohua Zhang, Hailin Peng*, Zhongfan Liu*, et al., Direct growth of large-area graphene and boron nitride heterostructures by a co-segregation method. Nature Commun.2015, 6, 6519.
8. Liming Zhang, Jingwen Yu, Mingmei Yang, Qin Xie, Hailin Peng*, Zhongfan Liu*. Janus Graphene from Asymmetric Two-Dimensional Chemistry. Nature Commun.2013, 4, 1443.
9. Kai Yan, Di Wu, Hailin Peng*, Zhongfan Liu*, et al., Modulation-Doped Growth of Mosaic Graphene with Single-Crystalline p-n Junctions for Efficient Photocurrent Generation. Nature Commun. 2012, 3, 1280.